And do not neglect doing good and sharing, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.
Just this year, we were able to explore some refugee centers. After 28 years of the instability due to war, you can now see people come together to hear God’s word. There is a lot to be done, but it is extremely encouraging. We are just starting to to come alongside and offer comfort to this war torn country as God directs. NLC has started to provide the Yezidis, Syrian refugees, and Kurdish villagers with English courses, and providing some simple medical and ophthalmology help. The biggest benefit we can give is to show interest in our friends here and get to know them, so we can give them a real and eternal hope.
We are renting a 4-story building within the city of Duhok as a multi-purpose ministry center. We are in the process of officially registering New Life Compassion, Inc. within Kurdistan and afterwards will register it in Federal Iraq. This will give us the ability to set up an office in Baghdad, Mosul and Basra and will lead us into N. Syria.
We will use this building for:
- Accommodations and meeting facilities for short term ministry teams from abroad
- Training and equipping local and expatriated people for ministry to reach the nations of the world
- Training in English, computers, and other practical skills for local friends, Internally Displace Peoples (IDP)s, and refugees
- Intercessory worship and prayer location
- If you would like to help us or participate in an upcoming ministry team, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Developed to help the children assimilate into Turkish schools as well as to have a safe and loving place to learn. We began learning centers in three different areas of southern Turkey. The learning centers were developed to equip to teach, give children a healthy lunch each day, and offer support to the families of God’s precious children. These learning centers have now been closed by the Turkish government and we have begun to minister to refugees in Iraq.